Generate Website Content Using AI
Learn about the capabilities of AI in content generation and whether it can produce material that is engaging and valuable for human readers.
Can AI really generate quality content that is engaging and valuable for human readers?
In this article, we’ll look at how AI tools can be used to generate quality content for your website, as well as the benefits and limitations of this approach.
Using AI Tools To Generate Quality Content For Your Website
Can AI really generate quality content that is engaging and valuable for human readers? If the answer is “yes”, would that not save your business significant and valuable time and money in areas like content planning and content production?
Artificial intelligence (AI) has come a long way in recent years, with numerous tools now available to assist with a variety of tasks.
One area where AI has the potential to make a significant impact is in the generation of written content. With the ability to analyze data and generate text, AI tools have the potential to create high-quality content for human readers.
However, the question remains: can AI tools truly generate content that is comparable to that produced by humans? And what are the benefits and limitations of this approach? And will it rank in the search engines?
ChatGPT: Free AI Content Writing Tool
I recently came across a “next-level” AI tool that is generating quite a buzz.
It’s called ChatGPT. This technology not only displays impressive human-like content writing abilities, but it’s also (currently) free to use.
I discovered ChatGPT while researching content writing tools for this course.
As a professional content writer, I became very curious about this tool, so after watching some videos about ChatGPT on YouTube, I decided to see for myself whether this tool was capable of generating a high-quality article on a substantial topic quickly from scratch.
I also decided to record the entire content creation process from start to finish on video and share it here with you for free, so you can decide for yourself whether you would use AI to generate content for your own business and website.
You can watch all videos of my free “How To Create Quality Content Quickly Using Artificial Intelligence Tools” video course in the section below.
Following the video course section, I provide a written tutorial with additional comments and information about the article creation process.
How To Create Quality Content Quickly Using Free AI Tools – Free Video Course
Learn how to use the latest advanced AI technology to generate high-quality content quickly and easily for your business and website (no coding or technical skills required.)
If you want to save time and money creating quality articles and blog posts for your website in minutes instead of days or weeks, the step-by-step practical video course below will show you exactly how to do it.
To read the complete article that chatGPT generated (in less than 6 minutes), go here: 5 Tips For Streamlining Your Content Management Process
How To Create Quality Content Quickly Using Free AI Tools – Tutorial
Let’s break down all the steps I took to create an entirely AI-generated article in minutes. You can watch the video lesson and then review the notes below each video for more information.
Part 1 – AI Content Generation: Overview
As mentioned earlier, I wanted to see if today’s AI technology is capable of generating a high-quality article quickly, so I decided to use the tool to generate the following:
- Content Ideas
- Article Headlines
- Article Outline
- Article Introduction
- Content For All Article Sections
- Article Conclusion
As mentioned in the video, I had not used the tool previously to generate content and so I set certain goals and expectations, which I then discuss in the video:
I then reviewed if and how each of these goals was met in the last video of the course.
Part 2 – Why AI Writing Tools Sucked…Until Now!
After providing an overview of the video course, we then looked at some of the earlier methods used by tools claiming to use AI technologies and their limitations.
In the video, I provide actual examples of some of the hilarious results of tools that generate rubbish content and some of the methods used.
It’s important to note that some of the tools that have evolved from the earlier methods shown in the video are actually quite good at what they do, provided they are used correctly.
Some of these tools include:
- Quillbot – A language processing tool that uses artificial intelligence to rephrase and rewrite sentences and paragraphs. It is designed to help users generate new versions of text that are different from the original, while still retaining the meaning and tone of the original content. You can use this tool for a variety of purposes, such as generating unique content for websites, paraphrasing text for use in academic papers, and improving your writing skills with suggested alternative word choices and sentence structures.
- SpinRewriter – This tool helps you generate new, readable versions of your original article using a proprietary technology called ENL Semantic Spinning and a hand-curated database of synonyms.
Part 3 – ChatGPT: Free AI Content Writing Tool
ChatGPT is an exciting and impressive new AI technology that helps you write quality content quickly and easily…for free!
Interestingly enough, when I asked ChatGPT to provide me with a description of itself, it played “dumb” and went into denial, as if calling it a bot was insulting…
However, when I asked ChatGPT (I mean, “Artificial Intelligence Assistant” to create a video script describing all the ways I could use it to make money online, the tool seemed to have no issue referring to itself in the 3rd-person:
ChatGPT is a powerful language model developed by OpenAI that can generate human-like text based on a given prompt. It can be used for a variety of purposes, including generating content for websites and social media, creating chatbot responses, and more.
In this video, we’ll be exploring some of the ways you can use ChatGPT to make money online.
- Content creation: ChatGPT can be used to generate articles, blog posts, and other types of written content. You can use it to create unique and engaging content for your own website or blog, or you can offer your services as a freelance writer or content creator to businesses and organizations.
- Chatbot development: ChatGPT can be used to create chatbot responses that are personalized and engaging. You can use it to build chatbots for customer service, sales, or any other purpose, and offer your services as a chatbot developer to businesses and organizations.
- Social media management: ChatGPT can be used to generate social media posts, including captions and hashtags. You can use it to manage the social media accounts of businesses and organizations, creating engaging and relevant content on a regular basis.
- Virtual assistant: ChatGPT can be used to create responses to customer inquiries, schedule appointments, and perform other tasks typically handled by a virtual assistant. You can offer your services as a virtual assistant using ChatGPT to handle a variety of tasks for businesses and individuals.
There are many other ways you can use ChatGPT to make money online, and the possibilities are only limited by your imagination. Whether you’re a content creator, chatbot developer, social media manager, or virtual assistant, ChatGPT can help you provide valuable services and make money in the process.
To use the tool, you will need to sign up and create an OpenAI account.
After logging in, you will come to the tool’s main screen and its simple interface.
In the main section of the screen, you will find some examples of things you can ask the tool with descriptions of the tool’s capabilities and limitations.
Below it is the prompt where you enter your request and then hit enter, and on the left-hand sidebar, you will see a button for starting a new chat, a list with a history of your previous requests, and some settings (clear conversation, switch between light and dark mode) and additional information.
To start a new conversation, simply type in what you want to ask into the prompt, hit enter, and watch ChatGPT do its magic.
For example, in the chat below, I entered “Suggest 5 unique gifts for left-handed people” and this is what the tool created in mere seconds:
Here are some additional things to note:
- ChatGPT remembers your previous conversations. So, if you are working on an article, for example, you can enter new requests without referring to the article by name and the tool will know what you are referencing.
- You can regenerate a response. ChatGPT will deliver you an entirely new reply, and you can toggle between the various generated responses.
Sometimes, ChatGPT will just hang up in the middle of a reply.
If this happens, try typing “complete the above section.” into the prompt. ChatGPT will often resume its train of thought and complete its answer.
Part 4 – Generating New Content Ideas…Fast!
In this video, we look at how to use ChatGPT to generate great new content ideas for articles, blog posts, newsletters, videos, etc.
For example, when I typed “Generate 10 ideas for articles on effective content management with a brief description” into the tool, here is what ChatGPT returned in around 45 seconds:
Part 5 – Generating Your Article Outline
After generating a list of content ideas for articles on effective content management, the next step was to pick an article idea from the list and ask ChatGPT to generate an outline.
I picked the first article from the list and typed “Generate an outline for a comprehensive article on “5 Tips for Streamlining Your Content Management Process” into the tool.
Here is what ChatGPT returned in around 35 seconds:
Part 6 – Generating Your Article Introduction
In less than a minute and a half, I had a list of great content ideas and an article outline.
Now it was time to begin building the actual article, so I asked ChatGPT to generate an introduction for the article.
Here’s what I got back after 15 seconds:
This was so quick, that I asked the tool to regenerate a response and provide me with an alternative intro.
So, after one click, here’s what I got…
So far, it’s not bad for less than 2 minutes work clicking a couple of buttons.
Let’s move on and…
Part 7 – Generating Your Article Conclusion
After using the tool to generate ideas, an outline, and a couple of great intros for my article, I decided to not only ask the tool to generate a conclusion section for the article in this video, but I also tested ChatGPT’s AI capabilities to recognize the context of our conversation and to “think outside the box” by giving it the following instruction:
Generate a conclusion for the above article. Include a call to action in the form of a haiku and write a limerick about content management.
As you will see in the video, ChatGPT not only understood which article I was referring to, but it only blinked its cursor once before delivering the following article conclusion in 20 seconds:
Part 8 – Generating Your Article Content Sections
By now, I was feeling pretty confident that this tool can do anything you ask it to, so I thought, why not ask it to create all of the article’s main content section in one go and expand on each of the 5 tips listed in the outline?
So, I entered the following request “Expand on all of the above tips and generate an article between 1,500-2,500 words. Format each tip as a section heading enclosed in <h2> tags.”
ChatGPT immediately began spitting out some wonderful content, including bullet points, but then, around Tip #3 it choked and kind of hung up.
As you will see if you watch the video, I tried regenerating the response, and again it got to around Tip #3 and went no further.
I immediately began thinking that maybe it had exceeded the 2,500 word limit in my instruction, but when I checked using an online counter, it was only around 600 words, so I’m not sure what happened there.
Anyway, I got the section done by going back into the tool and asking it to expand on the missing tips, which it did in a total of about 4 minutes.
So, I copied and pasted the various responses I received into my swipe file and moved right along.
Part 9 – Reviewing Your AI-Generated Content
With all of the content sections generated, it was time to put my article together, which I did by logging into my website, creating a new post, pasting the content from the swipe file into the WordPress editor, deleting any irrelevant bits, then making some final SEO tweaks and formatting adjustments and saving it as a draft post.
In the video, I review the finished (and unpublished) article and discuss the process in a little more detail.
Part 10 – AI-Generated Content: Wrap-Up
Having allowed ChatGPT to create the entire article from start to finish, I then did some checks for content plagiarism to make sure the tool wasn’t just giving me someone else’s existing content, and asked it to perform some additional tasks before publishing the article by entering the following instructions:
- Provide a post excerpt for this article
- Write a meta description for this article and supply relevant tags.
- Suggest an appropriate royalty-free image to be used as this article’s featured image.
- Suggest synonyms for “content management process”
- Provide sources to verify the claim that WordPress offers the ability to automate content scheduling.
Again, ChatGPT did an impressive job, as you can see if you check out the video.
Having satisfied myself that the content was indeed original and looking good, I then published the article.
After publishing the article (you can read the entire article here: 5 Tips For Streamlining Your Content Management Process), I then looked at the total time taken to create it (6 minutes), and whether the Ai tool met each of my goals (it did).
Finally, I wrapped up the video recording by discussing other potential content creation uses for the tool (e.g. generating recipes, creating video scripts, story plots for books, generating content with AI voice narrations, etc.)
Should You Use AI Tools To Create Your Website Content?
Whether or not you should use AI tools to create your website content depends on your specific needs and goals. If you are looking for a quick and easy solution for generating content, AI tools may be a good option.
However, if you want to ensure that your content is of high quality and truly unique, it may be best to stick with human writers.
And if you want your ai-generated content to rank well in the search engines (which, of course, you do), then make sure that it complies with Google Search’s guidelines for AI-generated content.
Ultimately, the decision will depend on your priorities and the resources you have available.
Benefits And Limitations Of Using AI-Generated Content
There are several benefits to using AI tools to generate content for your website:
- Efficiency: AI tools can analyze data and generate written material quickly and efficiently, which can save time and effort for content creators.
- Consistency: AI tools can produce content that is consistent in terms of tone and style, which can be beneficial for maintaining a cohesive brand voice.
- Error-free: AI tools can generate content that is free of spelling and grammar errors, which can improve the overall quality of the material.
- Cost-effective: In some cases, using AI tools to generate content may be more cost-effective than hiring human writers.
However, there are also some limitations to using AI tools for content generation:
- Lack of creativity: While AI tools can analyze data and generate text, they may struggle to produce content that is truly creative or innovative.
- Lack of emotional connection: AI-generated content may not be able to effectively connect with readers on an emotional level, as it lacks the human element.
- Potential for bias: If the data that is used to train the AI tool is biased, the generated content may also be biased.
- Legal issues: In some cases, using AI-generated content may raise legal issues, such as copyright infringement or plagiarism. It’s important to carefully review any generated content to ensure it is legal to use.
In today’s digital age, it’s more important than ever to have a strong online presence. One way to achieve this is by regularly publishing high-quality content on your website.
But if you’re struggling to keep up with the demands of creating new material, you might be wondering if there’s a way to automate the process.
That’s where AI tools come in. By leveraging artificial intelligence, it’s possible to generate written content that is not only error-free but also engaging and valuable for your audience.
In this article, we’ve looked at how AI tools can be used to generate quality content for your website, as well as the benefits and limitations of this approach.
And, of course, I let ChatGPT create all of the above sections 😉
The Last (Human) Word
While I feel tools like ChatGPT have tremendous potential to save businesses time and money in content-related areas like content planning, content research, content production, SEO, and other ways I have yet to imagine, the ethical use of artificial intelligence tools is the subject of wide debate everywhere, Google says that using AI writing tools is against its guidelines, and there are other things to consider before filling up your website with AI-generated content, such as the limitations described above.
While ChatGPT created an impressive article in just a few minutes and with only a few clicks, I doubt if it could have created the article you are reading now…but I could be wrong!
After all, I’m only human.
Image: AI Hand Robot